Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What the Fuck Did You Do to Your Pokedex?

Yeah, I bet you've noticed that my Pokedex jumped from 63 to 75.  So, lemme give you a run-down of what I caught during my revenge-grinding.

First of, from the las post, you learned that I caught Zapdos.  Just to be clear, when I fought Zapdos during my first ever play-through of the game...when I fought ANY of the legendary birds, or even Snorlax, for that matter, I could never catch them.  Ultra Balls don't seem to work.  They're like Safari Balls if the Pokemon is eating; they miss.

Pro-Tips for catching legendary Pokemon:

Have something that knows how to paralyze them.  Slows them down, possibility of no attack, and it makes them easier to catch.

Get a strong Pokemon that is weak to the opponent's type and slowly whittle the health down.  Have a whole party like this to ensure that if your first goes down, you have spares.

Keep throwing the balls.  They miss? Throw again.  Miss again? THROW AGAIN! If the health is ridiculously low, they'll eventually submit to your will.


That's right! You, too, can own this Pokemon!

Not THIS one, though...this one's mine.  I call him Senor Two-Zaps...'cause his name is Zapdos and "dos" is "two" in Spanish.  Don't have the space to nickname him officially, but in my heart, he will always be Sr. Two-Zaps.

Funny thing..."Zapdos" sounds kinds of like "zapatos", which is "shoes" in Spanish.  It's like his name is Shoes, but not Shoes...

I'm losing focus.

Okay.  Other shit from the Power Plant ('cause that's where you gotta go to get a Zapdos):


Okay, he's not IN the Power Plant, but he's in the water nearby, and I think a Water/Psychic like this guy might really be useful against Blaine and Giovanni.


These fuckers are EVERYWHERE in the Power Plant, but my tip is go after the ones that you think are items.  The "wild" ones are usually only level 21...but the "item" Voltorbs are all level 40.  All I had to do is sneeze at this guy and BOOM!


Free Electrode.  I wanted this guy as a last resort against Sabrina, in case Recoverkazam was being a salty minge.  Oh, you're healing? SELFDESTRUCT IN YOUR ANUS!


These guys are rarer, but if you see one, nab it.  It beats the hell out of training your shitty Magnemite to evolve, and this guy already knows an Electric-type attack, as opposed to just Sonicboom and Tackle.


Don't EVEN get me started on this guy! Best Pokemon in the anime...by way of voice acting.  He was just like, "BUZZZZZZWWUWUWUWUWUWUWU!", like a fucking motorboat.  Love this asshole.  Taught him Thunder.

Got a little boring grinding in the Power Plant, so I decided to head over to the Seafoam Islands.  You know, acquaint myself with it before I bring in Nidoking to Strength-move the boulders for that fucking puzzle and come up with a team to capture Articuno.  Just gotta remember what Ice-types are weak against...

Anyhoo...


These fuckers are everywhere in the water, but they're all low-ass levels.  I was not impressed...until I found one at like level 30.  Then I needed it.  All I gotta do is feed it a Rare Candy and it's a Tentacruel, and that's pretty sweet.

Oh, the things I found in Seafoam Cave...


This made me happy because now, I don't have to ever fucking look at a Zubat and think, "Eventually, I have to level you."  Fuck Zubats.  Go! Be free, Zubat! I have your older brother and he's cooler than you.  Speaking of which...


These things are found in the WILD?!? Why the fuck did I bother with a Psyduck in the first place? Bye, Psyduck! Go bother Misty.  Ask her about her bike.


Ah, yes, one of the "evolve him whenever the fuck you feel like it" Pokemon.  That's always convenient.  I'll take him, too.


And this cute little bastard! He's gonna go on my "Fuck Giovanni Team", which will eventually include the following:

Vaporeon
Seadra
Gyarados
Cloyster
Golduck
Dewgong

Oh...I don't have a Seel yet...


Oh wait, I TOTALLY have a Seel! And at level 30! Four more levels and pretty, pretty Dewgong is mine.  Favorite Pokemon card, by the way.  Kicks the shit out of any Fire-type you throw out there.


Zapdos, Lvl 50
Charizard, Lvl 45
Electrode, Lvl 41
Pidgeot, Lvl 40
Scyther, Lvl 40
Parasect, Lvl 39

Pokedex: 75, Badges: 6


PS - I just realized something.  There's only 150 Pokemon that you can catch in Generation I between the unmodified Red, Blue and Yellow versions.  I've caught my 75th today.  I'm halfway to catchin' 'em all! Holy shit.

I'm not aiming to catch 'em all, but what I will do is this:

My next entry will be an inventory catalog.  Basically, what I'm gonna do is go through my entire PC and party, get all their stats, and show all of them to you.  That way, you are able to participate more in the strategizing of my future battles, especially with the Elite Four.

It's may be more boring than my other posts, but this one will be...educational? I don't fucking know.


No comments:

Post a Comment