Thursday, October 25, 2012

Reflections Through Time

It's been over a decade since I last beat the Elite Four, and I remember having caught all 151 Pokemon, but now that I think back about the game file that was corrupted ('cause there's nothing else to fucking do when grinding like an asshole), it saddens me to realize that I don't have my Gameboy Color, Gameboy Pocket, my Pokemon Blue version, or my transfer cable anymore and I will not be able to acquire some of my favorite Pokemon that I had to pass up while going through Red version:


Classic-ass Venusaur.  I mean, Professor Oak isn't fucking using that Bulbasaur...give it to me! I don't care if your grandson is currently the Indigo League Champion, I want that flower-lizard.  I remember my old one used to know Solar Beam, Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, and Cut.

...yeah, and my Charizard knew Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Strength, and Flamethrower.

...and my Blastoise knew Hydro Pump, Surf, Water Gun, and Headbutt.

Are we noticing a pattern? I was eleven fucking years old and all I gave a shit about was doing type-damage and having a TM on everyone.  Fuck, even Mewtwo knew Flash.  What the fuck did I know? I was ELEVEN!

Speaking of Mewtwo...


I was sooooo happy when some guy traded me one of his level 100 Mews to me.  Fuck, I completely forgot where I was when I got him.  I think it might have been at one of those debut-things for the trading card game at Cherry Hills Mall.  That sounds right.  I don't recall.  All I know is that even if I did have the transfer cable, the old save file was corrupted and my Mew was lost forever.  Goodbye, Mew...I never used you as often as you deserved, but you were always in my party at the top of the roster.  I'll miss ya, buddy.


I chose you when I first played, before I realized that the Dome Fossil eventually yielded a Kabuto, so I was a little disappointed.  But hey, you were pretty cool, though, and you tanked fairly well.


I really sorta miss you too, Hitmonchan.  You knew Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Mega Punch.  Even though I'm fairly certain you were wearing a skirt, you could have punched your way out of any situation.


I never really liked Sandshrew or Sandslash as a player, but they were cute as hell.  This guy is one of the Pokemon I would actually like to have in the real world if Pokemon actually existed.  I mean really...can you hate on this guy? NO!

And while we're on the topic of Blue version-exclusive Pokemon...


Beastly and sexy.  This thing puts Rapidash to shame in my book.  Fuck that dude in Vermillion City.  Sexiest Pokemon alive.  Wouldn't want to fuck it, though.  That's some furry shit and furry shit is fucking weird.


PINSIR! The Blue Scyther...and apparently, cheaper than Scyther.  No really, check out the Prize Corner in Celadon City.  In Red version, a Dratini costs 2800 coins and a Scyther costs 5500...but in Blue version, it's just the opposite: Pinsir costs 2500 coins, and Dratini costs 4600.  What the fuck is that noise? Abra's also cheaper by 30 coins in Blue version.  What the shit is going on with the prize economy between those two games???


This guy right here is the reason most people defend Blue version over Red version, and I don't blame them entirely.  Magmar's pretty fucking boss, but I'm not about to sacrifice the possibility of a Scyther over the chance to catch him.  Nope.  Gonna have to do better than that.


And good old Missingno.  Wait a minute...fuck Missingno! It's his fucking fault that I didn't have access to my Mew or my Mewtwo.

Then again, did I trade my Mew and my Mewtwo over to my Gold version before the battery ran out? I don't recall...

...and I blame Missingno for me not remembering what the fuck I did with Mew and Mewtwo! I don't give a shit if you can give me infinite Rare Candies and Master Balls or whatever; I know now that that shit was cheating, and cheating is for fucking posers and pussy-ass kids! I didn't get to the Indigo Plateau by GameSharking my way through Kanto, and I sure as hell don't need you now!

YOU KNEW SKY ATTACK TWICE! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?

Still grinding, by the way.  Hoping to get everyone at lest to level 50 before I even attempt the Elite Four.  Ideally, level 55 would be a comfortable place to start, but I can invest in Ethers and Full Revives and pray for the best.  If I beat them sooner, then I can move on to "Phase Two" sooner...

I'll keep you all posted.

Zapdos, Lvl 55
Articuno, Lvl 51
Charizard, Lvl 50
Moltres, Lvl 50
Alakazam, Lvl 50
Vaporeon, Lvl 48

Pokedex: 92, Badges: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment