Sunday, October 28, 2012

The End of the Road

Well, we're here at the end of Pokemon Red and our coverage of Generation-I.  A few things I wanted to address before I closed out this adventure.


Dragonair and Dragonite are too big of a time-committment, so Dratini did not get to evolve during the play-through.  However, since I intend on continuing play, he may very well get to evolve later.  I just don't find continued grinding of the Elite Four and other wild Pokemon havens to be very interesting topics to address in the blog, so I'm gonna skip over that.


Growlithe is going to stay Growlithe until he hits level 60 or so.  There's no need to rush the evolution, and I want to make sure that he learns all possible moves before turning into an Arcanine.  Besides, I don't have the money to buy the Fire Stone.


That means no Poliwrath for a while...


...no Cloyster...


...and no Exeggutor.  Eventually, though, once I get the time to level their pre-evolution forms and get them to learn more powerful moves...and the money...I'll get to them.


I DO have the Moon Stone to evolve Nidorina, but I want to make sure that she gets stronger attacks that come with later levels.  She ain't gonna be no damn Wigglytuff; even though I found ones over level 50 in the Unknown Dungeon, I wanna keep that level 5 piece of shit as a punishment for keeping me from Clefairy.


I do NOT need a Porygon, and it is WAY too expensive to be worth my time gambling at the Game Corner.  Besides, he looks dumb as shit.

Here are the things, however, that I'm going to be doing immediately, and should explain my party from the last post:


Ponyta will be trained until it reaches level 40 and becomes a Rapidash.  The fastest Pokemon in the game? Yeah, I want that.

But even before that...


Cubone is going to get the training he deserves.  My game is saved right outside of the Power Plant and he's going to lay the smack-down on some Voltorbs and Electabuzzes.  I think he could use the exercise, and I don't really intend on cross-game trading at all, but if there was one to go from this game to the next...it would be Cubone when he's all grown up and strong enough to cause some serious damage as my early anchor Pokemon.

But for all intents and purposes, below are the final stats and the final team of my Red Version play-through.

Thanks for stopping by, internet.


Mewtwo, Lvl 70
Articuno, Lvl 52
Charizard, Lvl 50
Vaporeon, Lvl 50
Parasect, Lvl 39
Cubone, Lvl 23

Pokedex: 102, Badges: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment