Friday, October 19, 2012

Tactical Move Phase!


Alright...I'm gonna take a little breather right now and plan ahead for my next series of events, which are the following:

1) Capture Articuno in the Seafoam Island caves
2) Challenge Blaine at the Cinnabar Island Gym


Blaine is fairly easy to plan for, since he only uses Fire-type Pokemon.  Furthermore, he only uses Fire-type ONLY Pokemon, so there isn't going to be any dual-type calculating that has to be done.  Ground, Rock, and Water will put his Fire to bed fairly quickly, so I'm just going to level the following Pokemon accordingly and send his ass to hell:

Geodude
Dugtrio
Golduck
Tentacool
Goldeen
Vaporeon

This may not be the final team to go up against Blaine, but I like having options.

Now...Articuno is another matter altogether...


Articuno is Ice/Flying, which means Fighting, Rock, and Fire can take care of the Ice-type, and Rock, Electric or Ice can take care of the Flying-type.

Rock would be too much of a powerhouse hitter against Articuno, so as much as I'd love to give Geodude the chance to shine, too much damage will get thrown around for my taste, especially if Articuno knows Ice Beam, which would seriously fuck up Geodude's day.

I'll need Zapdos, since he's one of the fastest Pokemon I've got, he can paralyze Articuno with Thunder Wave, and Thundershock will do enough comfortable damage not to be insane.  Drill Peck and Reflect may also come in handy.

I'll have to bring Goldeen and Nidoking, since I need Goldeen's Surf to get to Articuno in the first place, and I'll need Nidoking's Strength to move all those boulders.  Goldeen should be alright, since Ice isn't very effective against Water, but Ice is super effective against Ground, so Nidoking may need to be a last resort.

I can keep Charizard around, since Fire is super-effective against Ice, but I wonder if that's too much power...

I'd love for Parasect to be there to help out with Stun Spore, just in case, but Bug/Grass versus Flying/Ice is a death-sentence.

MAGNETON! Thundershock can weaken Articuno good enough, we can test the waters and see how effective Tackle is, but Sonicboom always does 20 damage regardless of type and Supersonic confusing Articuno might be useful in getting him more compliant to getting in the ball.  Fourth slot has be secured.

I would like to bring Dratini along as a bait-and-switch to get him that much closer to Dragonite, and if I get too deep into things and I need a Pokemon Center stat, I can use Dugtrio to Dig out.  He'll be very weak against everything in there, and his best moves won't even hit Articuno, but like Nidoking and Goldeen, he's a utility Pokemon.

So, it's gonna look like Zapdos, Nidoking, Goldeen, Magneton, Dugtrio, and Dratini are gonna be the team to try to nab Articuno--

GASP!

Would I really leave my starter Pokemon in the computer?

For the betterment of the whole team...I may very well have to...

No comments:

Post a Comment